Thursday, August 12, 2010

Holy crap I have a Blog


Holy Shit I have a blog.

I'm not gonna lie...I forgot all about this for like....well. Yeah.

*scratches her head*

Real life stuff? I think I've been dedicating the good majority of my life to it lately. Which sucks. Cause I really don't want to be. I've been back on LiL a little bit lately, but never really got back to the extent that I really wanted to. I blame the summer- I've been working 2 jobs, again, and have been dedicating a *lot* of my time to researching stuff for my Capstone paper- in which I'm comparing a Progressive club from 1920's Milwaukee to a Student Organization promoting Gay Rights in 1970's Milwaukee- the latter half of which is pretty darned interesting. The first half....eh. Lets just say I've learned far too much about what was "Progressive" in 1920's Wisconsin.

Beyond that? Oh hey. I'm out of the closet! :D Like, seriously. Out of it. Like I took the door, kicked it open, stepped out, turned around, then burned it kinda thing. As some of you (implying that anyone'll actually read this) already know, I first told my rl best friend, and his gf, then gravitated out among some of my other friends, and....mmm. Just after the end of school, I went home for a few weeks, which was nice and stuff, cause I got a chance to spend a little time with the family, and...throughout my stay, I had been reading a book called "The Meaning of Matthew," a biography of Matthew Shepherd, the 21-year-old gay kid that was murdered by bigots in Wyoming about 10 years ago, and it's told by his mother. I guess the part when she wrote that it never even really mattered to her what her son was, as long as he was happy and successful...and maybe all the other parts about her having to deal with *little* secrets that her son had after he died, made me think. I'd never want to put my family through having to learn that I'm gay/tg after something bad or tragic has happened...that'd really be too much. And then I just...dunno. Kinda whispered it outside. She didn't even cringe! She told my dad after I moved into my new apartment...so. Cat's out of the bag. (Just ask ReyRey.)

SPEAKING of ReyRey...yeah. *I totally met her.* She's one of the coolest girls ever, and is also one of the nicest, cutest, and deserves to be one of the happiest ones too. I just visited her this week for a while, and...yah. Without detailing too much, I'll just say that all my imaginings of being dressed up in public, all decked out en-femme....totally not even close to how cool it is IRL. Just....dunno. It's one of the greatest feelings ever. Driving back from her place?...eh. Car broke down a quarter dozen times and the day was 90 degrees+, and just general suckage happened, but. Totally worth it.

haha. I'm so happy I remembered I had this. However, I'm being drafted into watching "Avatar" by one of my friends (yes...the silly kids cartoon from Nickelodeon. My friends might make it beyond grade school one day) so I'm afraid I have to go. But I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment